The digital character commission
is clearly the popular choice among give-a-ways I listed so here is the other end of the bargain, I'm not asking for money but I am asking for time and specificity. Time
- You will need to put together a certain amount of informationSpecificity
- You need to be able to tell me what you feel is the most you can describe about your character
Examples of Useful Information
(Sketches or other visual aids are helpful but written descriptions are fine, too)
1. Backstory- How did your character come to be? How did they arrive at where they are now?
2. Outfit details- If applicable, cultural influences in the outfit. What materials were used, why these materials? What are the purpose of accessories/weapons?
3. Physique and Looks- Describe their body type. Are they missing a limb? Why? You can include other information like hair, eye, skin color. You can be as specific as you want.
4. Borrowed Concepts- Don't be shy to tell me if you borrowed design concepts from other characters, i.e. from video games, movies, books, etc. This will help me understand your design thinking if you don't have sketches.
5. Well, you tell me. This is not the usual contest criteria, I want to see how specific and detailed you can get. But at the same time, try to stay cohesive. If you try to write this all in one go, you'll likely trail off in one area and neglect another. I will be able to tell if it's rushed. So put some thought into it. If you already have character descriptions at the ready, look it over and revise/organize if necessary.
You can note me a link to it or email it to smallfish at bignet dot com. Attach all necessary images/files in one e-mail if you can.Deadline
: January 5th, 2015 11 PM PSTPrize
For ONE Character:
- 2 Turnaround Sheets; Front and Sideview clothed. Front and Sideview without clothes as an anatomical study (bone structure underneath)
- 1 Facial Expression Sheet; 3 Expressions- Neutral, Angry, Happy
- If there are only 1-2 accessories, I'll include them in one of the turnaround sheets. 3+ I'll make an accessories sheet.